If you're looking for a reliable push notification service, AWS SNS and Firebase FCM might be your best options. So, which is better: AWS SNS or Firebase FCM? This comparison guide will look at the pros and cons of AWS SNS and Firebase FCM, including pricing, features, customer reviews and more.
Pros & Cons
Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) is a web service that enables developers to send notifications from the cloud to mobile devices. Developers can use this service to send messages, images, and videos to their customers. Amazon SNS provides two types of push notifications: topic-based push notifications and device-based push notifications. Topic-based push notifications are delivered to all subscribers who have subscribed to the same topic. Device-based push notifications are delivered only to subscribers who have installed your app on their devices and enabled notification settings for your app.
- It is handy for sending and managing notifications.
- You can access daily reports.
- It is easy to implement and integrate.
- It has poor documentation.
- Setup is quite complex and challenging.
- Debugging errors could be difficult.
When To Use
- If you have a large contact base, Amazon SNS is a great option for sending notifications and messages.
Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) is a cross-platform messaging solution that lets you send messages to your app users on Android, iOS, and the web. It inherits the power of Firebase Authentication and FCM's rich targeting features give you control over who receives your messages and when. You can target specific devices, app versions, user segments, or even arbitrary groups of devices using tags.
- It's free for a small client base.
- It's easy to integrate.
- Top-notch documentation is available.
- Its pricing is high for a large client base.
- The layout could be challenging to understand initially.
- Integration with multiple services could prove complex.
When To Use
- If you're a developer looking to send multiple messages reliably and save money, FCM is perfect for you.
Most Popular :
Most Funded :
Most Established :
Most Highly Rated :
Cheapest (Small Plan) :
Cheapest (Bigger Plan) :
We hope you enjoyed our guide about AWS SNS vs Firebase FCM. With this information, we hope that you can make an educated decision on which push notification provider is best for you. In case you need any more information on either of these two companies or need a personalized recommendation, please feel free to contact us anytime via live chat or email (email@example.com).