Cancelling An Automation
Often times you may want to cancel an automation run. For example, one automation may send out a reminder notification to complete a task. However, this reminder may no longer be necessary if the task is already completed.
To allow an automation to be cancelled:
- Navigate to the settings tab of the automation
- Add a cancellation token. This can be any value desired. Its best to use a dynamic value so
a specific automation invocation may be cancelled, rather than all running instances. For
example, you may use
refs.data.userId, which would allow the automation run to be associated with the user the automation would send to.
- Create a new automation
- Add the
- Set the token to the same token from step 2.
An automation can also be canceled from automation logs.
- Navigate to the automation logs page in Courier.
- Find your automation in the logs, you can search with a run Id or source.
- If your automation has not finished processing, a cancel button will be shown in the run summary.
- Clicking this button will cancel your automation.