If you're looking for a reliable push notification service, AWS SNS and OneSignal Push might be your best options. So, which is better: AWS SNS or OneSignal Push? This comparison guide will look at the pros and cons of AWS SNS and OneSignal Push, including pricing, features, customer reviews and more.
Pros & Cons
Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) is a web service that enables developers to send notifications from the cloud to mobile devices. Developers can use this service to send messages, images, and videos to their customers. Amazon SNS provides two types of push notifications: topic-based push notifications and device-based push notifications. Topic-based push notifications are delivered to all subscribers who have subscribed to the same topic. Device-based push notifications are delivered only to subscribers who have installed your app on their devices and enabled notification settings for your app.
- It is handy for sending and managing notifications.
- You can access daily reports.
- It is easy to implement and integrate.
- It has poor documentation.
- Setup is quite complex and challenging.
- Debugging errors could be difficult.
When To Use
- If you have a large contact base, Amazon SNS is a great option for sending notifications and messages.
OneSignal is a push notification service that allows developers to send notifications to their users. It is a cross-platform service that can be used for both iOS and Android apps. OneSignal has over 2 million active monthly users and over 1 billion push notifications sent per month.
- It is easy to integrate.
- Omnichannel support is available.
- You have access to excellent documentation.
- Compared to other alternatives, it's quite pricey.
- Support is only available in English.
- Monitoring performance might be challenging the first few times.
When To Use
- To send millions of push notifications and messages to your users reliably, use OneSignal.
Most Popular :
Most Funded :
Most Established :
Most Highly Rated :
Cheapest (Small Plan) :
Cheapest (Bigger Plan) :
We hope you enjoyed our guide about AWS SNS vs OneSignal Push. With this information, we hope that you can make an educated decision on which push notification provider is best for you. In case you need any more information on either of these two companies or need a personalized recommendation, please feel free to contact us anytime via live chat or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).