If you're looking for a reliable push notification service, Firebase FCM and OneSignal Push might be your best options. So, which is better: Firebase FCM or OneSignal Push? This comparison guide will look at the pros and cons of Firebase FCM and OneSignal Push, including pricing, features, customer reviews and more.
Pros & Cons
Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) is a cross-platform messaging solution that lets you send messages to your app users on Android, iOS, and the web. It inherits the power of Firebase Authentication and FCM's rich targeting features give you control over who receives your messages and when. You can target specific devices, app versions, user segments, or even arbitrary groups of devices using tags.
- It's free for a small client base.
- It's easy to integrate.
- Top-notch documentation is available.
- Its pricing is high for a large client base.
- The layout could be challenging to understand initially.
- Integration with multiple services could prove complex.
When To Use
- If you're a developer looking to send multiple messages reliably and save money, FCM is perfect for you.
OneSignal is a push notification service that allows developers to send notifications to their users. It is a cross-platform service that can be used for both iOS and Android apps. OneSignal has over 2 million active monthly users and over 1 billion push notifications sent per month.
- It is easy to integrate.
- Omnichannel support is available.
- You have access to excellent documentation.
- Compared to other alternatives, it's quite pricey.
- Support is only available in English.
- Monitoring performance might be challenging the first few times.
When To Use
- To send millions of push notifications and messages to your users reliably, use OneSignal.
Most Popular :
Most Funded :
Most Established :
Most Highly Rated :
Cheapest (Small Plan) :
Cheapest (Bigger Plan) :
We hope you enjoyed our guide about Firebase FCM vs OneSignal Push. With this information, we hope that you can make an educated decision on which push notification provider is best for you. In case you need any more information on either of these two companies or need a personalized recommendation, please feel free to contact us anytime via live chat or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).