If you're looking for a reliable push notification service, Expo and Firebase FCM might be your best options. So, which is better: Expo or Firebase FCM? This comparison guide will look at the pros and cons of Expo and Firebase FCM, including pricing, features, customer reviews and more.
Pros & Cons
Expo Push Notifications allow you to send notifications from Expo straight to your users' inboxes on both iOS and Android devices. This means that no matter how many times they close or minimize your expo, they will still receive your message in their notification feed.
- Expo Push Notification service tool handles all the difficulties with native device information.
- It is easy to implement and use.
- The notification service only works when you build out your app on Expo.
When To Use
- If you're looking for a tool to take care of native device information and communication with APN (Apple Push Notification) and FCM (Firebase Cloud Messaging), Expo is a great tool for you.
Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) is a cross-platform messaging solution that lets you send messages to your app users on Android, iOS, and the web. It inherits the power of Firebase Authentication and FCM's rich targeting features give you control over who receives your messages and when. You can target specific devices, app versions, user segments, or even arbitrary groups of devices using tags.
- It's free for a small client base.
- It's easy to integrate.
- Top-notch documentation is available.
- Its pricing is high for a large client base.
- The layout could be challenging to understand initially.
- Integration with multiple services could prove complex.
When To Use
- If you're a developer looking to send multiple messages reliably and save money, FCM is perfect for you.
Most Popular :
Most Funded :
Most Established :
Most Highly Rated :
Cheapest (Small Plan) :
Cheapest (Bigger Plan) :
We hope you enjoyed our guide about Expo vs Firebase FCM. With this information, we hope that you can make an educated decision on which push notification provider is best for you. In case you need any more information on either of these two companies or need a personalized recommendation, please feel free to contact us anytime via live chat or email (email@example.com).