If you're looking for a reliable push notification service, AWS SNS and Expo might be your best options. So, which is better: AWS SNS or Expo? This comparison guide will look at the pros and cons of AWS SNS and Expo, including pricing, features, customer reviews and more.
Pros & Cons
Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) is a web service that enables developers to send notifications from the cloud to mobile devices. Developers can use this service to send messages, images, and videos to their customers. Amazon SNS provides two types of push notifications: topic-based push notifications and device-based push notifications. Topic-based push notifications are delivered to all subscribers who have subscribed to the same topic. Device-based push notifications are delivered only to subscribers who have installed your app on their devices and enabled notification settings for your app.
- It is handy for sending and managing notifications.
- You can access daily reports.
- It is easy to implement and integrate.
- It has poor documentation.
- Setup is quite complex and challenging.
- Debugging errors could be difficult.
When To Use
- If you have a large contact base, Amazon SNS is a great option for sending notifications and messages.
Expo Push Notifications allow you to send notifications from Expo straight to your users' inboxes on both iOS and Android devices. This means that no matter how many times they close or minimize your expo, they will still receive your message in their notification feed.
- Expo Push Notification service tool handles all the difficulties with native device information.
- It is easy to implement and use.
- The notification service only works when you build out your app on Expo.
When To Use
- If you're looking for a tool to take care of native device information and communication with APN (Apple Push Notification) and FCM (Firebase Cloud Messaging), Expo is a great tool for you.
Most Popular :
Most Funded :
Most Established :
Most Highly Rated :
Cheapest (Small Plan) :
Cheapest (Bigger Plan) :
We hope you enjoyed our guide about AWS SNS vs Expo. With this information, we hope that you can make an educated decision on which push notification provider is best for you. In case you need any more information on either of these two companies or need a personalized recommendation, please feel free to contact us anytime via live chat or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).