What's Causing This Error?
Error code 30008 when working with Twilio represents that the message failed to deliver for reasons unknown to Twilio.
Solution - Here's How To Resolve It
Even though the cause of the error is not defined, and there can be many causes, you can still try out the solutions mentioned below:
- Determine whether the destination device is turned on and can receive non-Twilio messages.
- Try with a more straightforward and shorter message without special characters to determine whether the cause is related to character encoding or concatenation.
- Make sure the device is not roaming off the network.
- Since some networks may block alpha sender IDs, try using a Twilio phone number instead of an alphanumeric sender ID.
- Determine whether the issue is device related by sending the message to other devices with the same mobile carrier.
- Determine whether the number has an action configured for messaging capabilities if the number is another Twilio number.
If none of the solutions work, you can contact the Twilio support team with three or more message SIDs where error code 30008 was thrown and seek support. But these SIDs should not be older than 48 hours at most.